About The University
Kassala University is scientific institution of a distinguished identity which was founded in Kassala in the acadmic year 1991-91 to replace Alsharq University as pre the decisions made by Higher Education Revoluatin The University works within the state general policy and the programmes set forth by the National Council of Higher Education for acquiring and instructing sciences Student are granted admission according to students own preference .
The University provides accommodation for all students for a nominal fee and poor students are provided free accommodation and some are granted living allowance and health insurance.
Kassala University is scientific institution of a distinguished identity which was founded in Kassala in the acadmic year 1991-91 to replace Alsharq University as pre the decisions made by Higher Education Revoluatin .
A Welcome from the President
Kassala University is a national public university embedded in the State of Kassala, Eastern Sudan. Kassala city, the state capital lies 400km east of Khartoum. It combines the sophistication of an urban city with the spirit of rural life. Crossed by the seasonal Gash river coming from the highlands of Eriteria, Kassala city is evergreen.
The University of Kassala is pursuing its mission to achieve outstanding education , excellence in research and good community service delivery. We are striving for a preeminent standard through innovative thinking ,self assessment and aspiration for advancement. Being rooted in a rural community with diverse culture we need to create a research and teaching policy that uses this diversity while adhering to unifying principles and values.
We need to address all the social and economic problems that hinder development , through research, human resource development and training and extension. However we are also part of the international community we have to follow the rapid progress in science and technology with more multidisciplinary approaches in teaching , research and service delivery and more use of Information and Communication Technology (I.C.T)
With so many challenges ahead and the transformation currently taking place, its reassuring to know that the faculty, the supporting staff and students are keeping the good reputation of this University by good commitment and conduct .
We extend our hands to all institutions and scientists who are willing to collaborate in research and information sharing. Those who want to add to their experiences in dealing with rural communities in tropical areas, to students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies. To those who have some ideas, experiences or queries there is an area in our website for communication with our visitors. We hope that this site will contribute to the advancement of Kassala University.
The University Sites
First site: This includes the University Administration offices at Garb Algash area, and the preparatory year and the faculty of Medicine Second Site : It is located to the North of Kassala town and it hosts the faculties Education, Economics & Managerial Sciences in addition to the computer Sciences College Third site: Located in New Halfa. It IS the host for the faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The duration of studies is 5 years.
The University Faculties
- The University is composed of the following four faculties:
- The faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences the faculty of Education, the faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, and the faculty of Economics & Managerial Sciences in addition to The College for Computer Sciences and the Community Development College.
- The Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences :
- At present, the faculty awards the MB, BS n Medicine & surgery after 6 years of theoretical and practical study
College Of Medicine
- According to what is stated in its foundation Low , the University undertakes to contribute to the development of the country intellectually, scientifically, economically, socially and culurally .
- In particular, it seeks to achieve the following goals :
- To ensure and authenticate the nation identity.
- To conduct scientific and applied researches that relate to the community needs.
- To pay due concern to earthly sciences, medicine, mining and natural resources within the global frame work of concern paid to the country overall development.
- To innovate technology and implement in to serve the Sudanese community through close cooperation with Higher Education and Research institutions around the country.
- To pay adequate concern to the enhancement of the Sudanese environment in general and the state in particular.
- To mind issues of human development thought, and religious values.
- To train students and award them scholarly license sand merits.
to graduate doctors and other health professionals competent at a basic level, with an appropriate foundation for further training in any branch of medical and health sciences, and in keeping with their in the health care system.General objectives
- Assurance of the Nation orientation.
- Conduct Scientific applied research that addresses different community needs, so as to achieve its service and promotion.
- Effective participation in community development and welfare.
- Concern with health problems of the community of East Sudan in particular and Sudanese community in general.
- Integration, interaction and partnership with other sector for community development.
- Active interaction with the community and environment for solving their problems through health team.
- Understanding and care of the local heritage and traditions.
- To assure the holistic approach to health as the basis of the School curriculum.
- To teach and train students to attain high skills in medicine and health sciences, and prepare them to work in the local community, considering its special characteristics, in a health team.
- To participate in delivering high quality health services for individuals, family and the community.
- To conduct medical research for health promotion.
- To cater for and study local health practices and traditions.
- To link students and graduates with the School and the University as institution, and all with the community.
- To promote continuous medical education.
- Each faculty disposes of a fully equipped library with a main library and specialized faculty libraries and an Electronic library located at the University headquarters.
- Although TB is a national health problem in the Sudan , Kassala state is unique as regards the TB problem because the state lies on the international border with Eriteria and Ethiopia .
- The state has been affected by the 30 year long war between Eriteria and Ethiopia receiving the continuous influx of refugees fleeing the war zone.
- The state is also affected by drought and deforestation which lead to impoverishment of the population 80% of whom are dependent on agriculture and lead a semi nomadic life .
- The centre is going to address the basic clinical and epidemiologic problems of TB and also address the social aspect and impact of tuberculosis.
Kassala University Degree Programs :
: West Bank of Cash River, P.O. Box 266, Kassala State