The October 6 University is the first private university in the republic of Egypt established by the presidential decree number 243 in 1996. It joined the union of Arabic Universities since 1997. The University includes fourteen Faculties, University Hospital, and two hotels for male and female students. It has also established a center for quality assurance and accreditation having units in all the faculties, to enhance and disseminate quality culture. The University comprises a modern library, equipped with state of the art audio/visual technology, a large collection of books and references, spacious conference and reading halls, and connected through the internet to several electronic library networks.
Additionally, the university has established a center of excellence for training and human development to enhance and transfer practical expertise in all production sectors.
The University campus consists of four educational buildings, hospital, gardens and playgrounds, as shown in the following figure. The total area of the campus amounts to 170,000 square meters. The total number of students in the university is about 14,085 from 48 different nationalities which represent about 41% of the total number of students.
The pioneer of private university education since its establishment according to the presidential decree number 243 for the year 1996.
A member in the Association of Arab Universities since 1997.
Shareholders in O6U are institutions and companies which adds a special institutional character to the university.
Has 14 faculties providing most specializations in applied, technological and social sciences.
All the degrees awarded by the university are approved and accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities of Egypt.
Has a Center for Quality Assurance and Accreditation aiming at spreading quality culture besides units for quality assurance and accreditation in all the faculties.
Has an Excellence Centre for Training and Human Development.
Students population is estimated at 1200, third of that number are international students from 47 nationalities.
The university has signed cooperation agreements with many foreign and Egyptian academic institutions.
The total area of the university campus is 170 thousand square meter (excluding the library building which covers 9000 square meter).
The university campus houses four educational buildings, university hospital and girls hostel. As for the central library and boys hostel, they lie about 150 meters from the university campus.
The university has a shopping mall and fields and courts for basketball, handball, football and tennis.
Educational and administrative buildings in O6U occupy (49500) square meter representing (28%) out of the total area of the university campus whereas the rest of the area (72%) is dedicated to greenery and playgrounds that means 14 square meter is allocated to each student.
The university has (124) studying halls and classroom in addition to audio, visual and multimedia devices.
The university has a hall for conferences and symposia that can accommodate up to 300 persons.
The university has (189) laboratories with the total capacity of (6853) students.
The total capacity of the teaching halls in addition to labs, workshops and special halls is more than (20) thousand students that can be accommodated at a time.
There is an academic and therapeutic hospital - with the capacity of 320 beds equipped with up-to-date equipments and has advanced outpatient clinics offering all medical services in all the majors and subspecialties including open heart, intensive care, coronary artery care, catheter of interfering heart arteries in addition to the departments of artificial kidney, radiology and emergency department that works round the clock.
There is a 4 star hostel for girl students with the capacity of 262 single and double rooms - some of which are air conditioned.
There is a 4 star hostel for boy students with the capacity of 231 single and double rooms - some of which are air conditioned - in 4 stars category.
The University has an outdoor educational museum and another indoor museum for tourism and hotels students.
October 6 University
A small presenting video for our movies in our dear collage october 6 university
20 (2) 835 3161
Subscribe to the subject October 6 University