Padmavathi College of Physiotherapy
Padmavathi College of Physiotherapy, Dharmapuri was established in 1993 under the Sri Balaji Educational Trust and managed by the Trust. Padmavathi College of Physiotherapy is affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University of Chennai. It is approved by Pharmacy Council of India and recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP).
It offers Bachelor in Physiotherapy (B.P.T) course of 4 and Half years duration and Master of Physiotherapy (M.P.T) course of 2 years duration. Padmavati College of Physiotherapy is aimed at imparting quality education and producing well trained health personnel.
- Extra Curricular activities
The college provides Placement Services in reputed firms. The institution has taken an additional responsibility of conducting Campus Interviews for the right placement of students in reputed organizations. Campus Interviews are held regularly by leading and reputed organizations. Many students are being selected through these interviews.Basic Eligibility
Candidates belonging to all categories should have passed the qualifying examination .(Academic Stream) after a period of 12 years of study with the following subjects: Physics. Chemistry, Biology/Botany and Zoology. The examinations are conducted by The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University. Research Activities
Research education is more than a continuation of college- level studies. At its best, (research education is an apprenticeship - a student develops capacity of independent research by working closely with scholars, whose work can serve as a model. Achieving this requires : more than completing courses, accumulating grades and :passing prescribed examinations.
To motivate the students for research in our institutions, the science departments provide adequate opportunities for those who have research aptitude. The laboratories in Microbiology and Biotechnology are provided with sophisticated equipment. The students are allowed to choose their research area. The college has been approved by UGC to facilitate the flow of fund for research projects.LIBRARY
- The library is aesthetically designed to cater to the large number of students and staffs. It is well furnished in conformity with modern library standards. There are separate libraries for each and every institution.
- The carefully chosen collection in the library consists of
- Books which relate directly to subjects in the curriculum of the various courses
- Books which deal with related topics or allied fields of study in the Curriculum
- Reference books which include dictionaries, encyclopedias, year books, atlases etc.
- Selected books of general interest of curricular, extra-curricular or recreational reading
- the learned, scientific and popular periodicals and
- there is a separate section for those preparing for competitive examinations.
- All the stock and lending of books are channeled through computers. Computerization helps easy retrieval and tracking the movement of books. The students have facility for photocopying research references at concessional rate. Mediar, Medline, Internet and E-mail facilities are also provided.
- As on this date, there are 18,060 books in Science College Library, 4,030 books in Paramedical Sciences Library and 12,050 books in Engineering College Library. At least 10,000 to 15,000 books are added every year. These Libraries subscribe to more than 150 National and 45 International journals.
General Rules and RegulationsSPORTS & GAMES
1.Students should not leave the College premises during the class hours without the permission of competent authority.
2.Latecomers will not be allowed to the classes.
3.Students will be responsible for all equipment entrusted to them.
4.Cell phones are banned within the campus.
5.Students should compulsorily wear their Identity Cards within the campus and follow dress
6. The management reserves the right to modify the class timings and schedule.
7. Ragging is totally banned and is punishable as per the Government Order.
8. The decision of the Principal is final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Institution.
9. Legal disputes, if any, are subject to the jurisdiction of Courts at Chennai.
1.Absence from attending the classes without prior permission is a breach of discipline and such absences will attract punishment and should be avoided.
2.Absence for more than a week without getting prior permission from the HOD / Principal may lead to removal of the name from the nominal roll.
3.Sapthagiri, Padmavathi, V.K.K Vijayan, Engineering Students appearing for the University Examinations must have at least 90% of attendance as per the rules of Concerned University.
- Cricket Ground
- Volley Ball Court
- Basket Ball Court
- Foot Ball & Hockey Ground
- Recreation Room For Indoor Games
- Student Lounges
- Student Cafeteria
- Well laid - out track
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy