Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot was started in June 1995. It admits 100 students per year and is the fastest growing medical college of Gujarat with the target of providing sub speciality education in 15 branches of Medicine & Surgery. It is affiliated to Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
The Civil hospital complex at Rajkot actually has the following hospitals with a total inpatient capacity of 750 beds.
- Students of 2nd & 3rd M.B.B.S. are doing project work after attending "Problem Solving for Better Health" workshop conducted by one N.G.O.
- " Health Action by people" of Trivandrum. In the year 2002-03 a total of 9 Projects were completed by students. In the year 2003-04 a total of 14 projects are being run by the students.
- A task force project of I.CM.R. on "Mental Health Needs, Service Delivery in Earth Quake Affected Areas of Rajkot and Surendranagar District of Gujarat" is being conducted by Psychiatry Department and P.S.M. Department.
- School Health Check-up program of Rajkot and Junagadh District is currently being carried out by P.S.M. Dept. (from 12-07-04 to 28-08-04)
- A quantitative research on work on "UIP Evaluation in India 2004" is going on in Gujarat during Aug-Sept-2004. One faculty each of P.S.M. and Pediatrics are involved in this evaluation.
The Hospital provides following services to all irrespective of caste, creed or economic status.Situated
- Rajkot is situated in the centre of Saurashtra & Kutch. It is well connected with Ahmedabad(220 km) & Gandhinagar(250 km) by road.
- Rajkot is situated on broad gauge railway line from Ahmedabad(240 km) to Dwarka, Porbandar & Somnath.
- Rajkot is connected with Mumbai with daily morning & evening flight.
- Within Rajkot:
- Bus stand and Railway Station are 1.5 km away from the hospital and medical college.
- Airport is 2 km away from the hospital.
Saurashtra the old Kathiawar is peninsula part of Gujarat State. It is projecting in the Arabian Sea on Western Coast of India. This area of Saurashtra is having seven district, out of 7 districts. Rajkot district is in the center of Saurashtra.
Government Medical College, Rajkot was started in June, 1995.
Admission capacity for Undergraduate student is presently 100. The 1st batch of M.B.B.S. passed final M.B.B.S. in February, 2000 :completed its internship in February, 2001. This College got recognition by Medical Council of India and by Government of India in April, 2000. In year 2001 we started P.G. Courses in Pathology, Medicine Radiology, Ophthalmology and T.B. & Chest . This College is affiliated with Saurashtra University
Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College Degree Programs :
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery