The People's College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre is affiliated to Barkut-ul-lah University, Bhopal. The college is the result of untiring efforts of the Sarvajanik Jankalyan Parmarthik Nyas. The Nyas has identified Healthcare & Education as a tool for its humble contribution towards the betterment of mankind. The People Group under the Nyas is engaged in establishing hospitals for providing the latest and the best possible treatment to the masses as well as imparting education in the field of medicine.
The medical college has received letter of permission from the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India to start admissions in the MBBS course for the session 2005-06.Also in the campus are, a 450 bedded speciality teaching hospital established in October 2002 and four storied medical college and a residential complex. The 750 bedded hospital attached with People College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre.
People's Group is situated in Bhopal the beautiful "City of Lakes", capital of Madhya Pradesh. It is run by Sarvajanik Jankalyan Parmarthik Nyas a Charitable & non-profitable Public Trust. Groups Special Education Zone in Bhopal has Institutions of academic learning that can be compared with the best in the country. Its campus is the largest for education & career building in the central India. Our journey began with an objective of "Nurturing Humanity through Health & Educational Excellence".
People's group has interests in diversified disciplines. The Idea behind the People campus is to take a child at the age of four and make him a professional when he leaves the campus at adulthood. The campus has 3 Hospitals with a combined capacity of around 1300 beds and 15 academic Institutions under its umbrella. The overall project is for approx. 150 million US Dollars and will see opening of various other institutions at its campus of nearly 200 acre's in future.
The Trust provides free medical services and treatment including the surgical procedures and diagnostic test, food, ambulance services to the poor and needy. Holding free medical and dental camps in rural areas is a regular activity of the Trust. Furthermore the Trust provided scholarship to the poor and meritorious students every year. The Trust regularly give donations to various charitable organizations including government organization. The People's Campus in addition to academic institutions also has a massive housing colony & hostels to cater to nearly 3000 families. The future plans include amusement parks, multiplexes, Malls etc.
People's Group will very soon have its own University for which it signed an MOU with the State Govt. at the Global Investors Meet held at Indore in September07. The Group is planning to enter in collaborations with foreign universities. It will ensure students and faculty exchange programs along with twinning programs where the student completes the first two years of education at People's and then is transferred to the USA or Australian affiliated universities to complete the course. The degree is then awarded by that foreign university.
- To establish PCMS & RC as an institution sensitive to the health needs and expectations of all sections of people of our country.
- To establish Peoples Hospital as the best patient friendly hospital.
- To establish educational research infrastructure both hospital and community based- for effective practice of evidence based medicine in PH.
- To establish and maintain strong working relationship with all healthcare and social welfare organizations in India to optimize mutual institutional support and community benefits.
- To widen further the partnership base and to establish firmly the social commitment of the institution in the provision of health services, along side excellence in education and research.
- Our vision is to set up a health and education hub with world class infrastructure and ingenious intellectual capital that enhances the educational, economic, healthcare, social and cultural foundations of the region, state, and nation.
Our Mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the society. The mission is to:
- Advance the community of learning by engaging in scientific research, humanistic scholarship, and artistic creation;
- Prepare the next generations of skilled and ethical professionals by providing a high quality educational experience to students in a diverse learning environment to compete in a diverse world market;
- Promote the values and institutions of democracy, protecting the environment, and conserving natural resources; that prepare students to lead lives of personal integrity and civic responsibility in a global society;
- Promote a campus environment that welcomes and honors women and men of all castes, creeds, and cultures and an atmosphere that values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge, and academic freedom;
We valueOur people
The continued professional and personal development of our dedicated, student-focused faculty and doctors is critical to our success as leader in the field of health and education.
Dynamic and decisive leadership, demonstrated at all levels of the organization, fosters a robust, professional company capable of achieving our social missions.
Teamwork. The combined talent throughout our company is a powerful force; it is the foundation for a healthy, dynamic and successful organization. We welcome the open exchange of ideas and understand that our collective experience, perspective and background provide all the ingredients for a winning team.Quality
We are committed to excellence, and strive to meet the strict guidelines demanded by the concerned organizations and provide the latest high tech teaching methods to the faculty as well as the students. Our quality initiatives enable us to be efficient, creative, thus providing quality education. ALL OUR Institutions are ISO certified.Our culture:
Integrity, professionalism, a genuine sense of pride in our work ethic, mutual respect and a commitment to our Social Mission are the qualities that make us special.OUR ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS) COMMITMENT
- Guard against adverse Environmental, Health & Safety risks
- Reduce, re-use, recycle & renew
- Enhance efficient use of resources and energy
- Establish strict compliance as per environmental regulations.
- Nurture nature and promote EHS awareness among our employees, students and patients
Profile of Mr. Suresh N Vijaywargia
Mr. Suresh Vijaywargia was born in Bhopal on 12th May 1944 in a business family. He did his schooling in Bhopal and later joined the State engineering college at Vidisha. He played an active role in all the activities in college and was the joint secretary of the students union. He got his engineering degree (electrical) in 1968.
A natural aptitude for entrepreneurship coupled with leadership quality helped him in setting up of successful business in India as well as abroad. Despite a promising rise in the US in the 70's He returned back to his motherland in the early 80 and continued with his successful stints in the field of Film Financing, construction, and retailing. He started a chain of super bazaars in Bhopal, the first of their kinds.
To help the poor and gas effected people of old Bhopal, He started a charitable 100 bedded hospital namely People's General Hospital in the old locality. A larger vision coupled with intelligence and creativity helped him in realizing his biggest challenge and dream of setting up an educational hub in the city of Bhopal. This resulted in the formation of the People's Group promoted by Sarvajanik Jankalyan Parmarthik Nyas, A Charitable & Non-profitable Public Trust established by Mr. Suresh Vijaywargia.
The People's Campus located at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), India, is one of the largest for Medical, Dental, Management, Engineering, Media, Law, Nursing, Paramedical, Physiotherapy and School Educations, Hospitals and Healthcare in the central India. Mr.Vijaywargia has embarked onto a mission for creating and harnessing talent pool for various disciplines. The journey of People's Group began with the prime objective of"Nurturing Humanity through Health and Educational Excellence".
Mr. Vijaywergia has been awarded several national awards. The prominent ones are theMillennium 2000 Samman in April 2000 at Bhopal. Rashtriya Rattan Award in August 2002 at New Delhi For his achievements in the field of business and educational services and the International Gold Star Millennium Award given by the Global Economic Council at Bangkok. His interviews have appeared in almost all the top class magazines in India and Abroad.
Mr. Suresh Vijaywergia continues to play an important role in bringing global education to a common man's doorstep by offering cheaper and better education and services. A technocrat by profession, with vast overseas experience, it is his vision and obsession to attain world-class standards, which is taking the Group to the pinnacle of glory. His vision and values have helped in setting up and achieving the objectives of the People's Group, based solidly on the foundation of core values.
Like a true leader he has set the direction, and motivated his team to achieve the goals. He actively creates opportunities for collaboration and dialogue within the group and positively influences and inspires others to understand and accept leadership roles so that everyone achieves his or her best. People's group did not happen by chance but by plan and Mr. Vijaywergia plans it to be the top-most educational group of India.
People,s College of Medical Sciences and Research Degree Programs :
: Sarvajanik Jankalyan Parmarthik Nyas People Group, Bhanpur, Karond-By-Pass Road , Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India - 462037