Ethics and Medicine
SVS aims to provide an integrated learning environment in which students are introduced to the principles of scientific and clinical medicine practice even as it develops every student at three levels:
- An understanding of the principles of empathy, compassion, honesty, integrity, altruism, resilience and lifelong curiosity, the ability to demonstrate them and a recognition of their importance in health care.
- An understanding of the principles of reflective practice, the ability to apply them, and recognition of their importance in health care.
- An understanding of the principles of self-awareness, the ability to recognize when clinical problems exceed their knowledge and skill, and a willingness to seek help.
- The ability to identify and address their own learning needs.
- The ability to manage uncertainty.
- To maintain their own physical, emotional, social and spiritual health and a recognition of the importance of professional support in this process.
- An understanding of the scientific method relevant to biological, behavioral and social science.
- An understanding of research methods and their applications.
- An understanding of normal structure, function and development of the human body and mind at all stages of life.
- An understanding of the molecular, biochemical and cellular mechanisms that is important in maintaining the body's homeostasis.
- The ability to learn from patients, health professionals and the community in a broad range of settings.
- An understanding of and respect for the rights of patients including patient choice, dignity and privacy.
- The ability to communicate with patients from diverse backgrounds including the ability to listen to, respond to, inform and understand the patient's perspective.
- The ability to advocate appropriately on behalf of the patient.
- An understanding of factors affecting human relationships and the psychological, cultural and spiritual well-being of patients.
- The ability to perform relevant medical procedures effectively and safely, with due regard for the patient's comfort including important emergency and life-saving procedures.
System of Health Care
- An understanding of the diverse roles and expertise of doctors.
- An understanding of the potential conflicts of interest that may confront doctors.
- An understanding of and ability to apply the principles of ethics in the provision of health care and research.
- The ability to give effective feedback to colleagues in order to help them improve their performance.
- An appreciation of the responsibility to maintain standards of medical practice at the highest level throughout a professional career.
Towards the Society
- An understanding of the roles, responsibilities and expertise of all health professionals, and how they work in teams to deliver health care.
- An understanding of the principles of continuity and coordination of health care.
- An understanding of the determinants of a well society and the economic, political, psychological, social and cultural factors that contribute to the development and persistence of health and illness.
- Commitment to practice medicine in an environmentally responsible way.
To emerge as a leader in the health sciences education and
development of medical professionals from demographically diverse
backgrounds; to discover, innovate and reach out with new knowledge and
to provide unmatched, inter-disciplinary and compassionate clinical care
of the highest quality and thus improve the health of the communities
The SVS Group of Institutions reflects the intellectual curiosity, dynamism research, and quality that are fast emerging as the SVS Identity. Affiliations are issued by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada for MBBS and PG courses & recognized by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi.
The SVS Medical College was started in the year 1999 and is affiliated to the NTR Health University, Andhra Pradesh and is fully recognized by the Medical Council of India. It is one of the established medical schools in the area dedicated to producing new knowledge in the field of medical sciences, develop best practices in health care delivery and educate young and promising students to shape them as next-gen doctors and care givers committed to health care.
The MBBS Course
Five academic years comprising the medical curriculum commencement to the date of completion of the examination followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship. The course begins with a short foundation course exposing students to basic principles of Communication, Ethics and Problem Based Learning. The Undergraduate course in Medicine comprises of three stages.
Students are allocated to a clinical school for the final three years of the course. Acceptance of a place in the medical course indicates acceptance of subsequent clinical school placement.
Rural rotations are a required component of the course. All students undertake at least 2 months in rural clinical settings with the opportunity for more extended rural and regional experience.
The College has supervised clinical training Internship Programs prior to receiving the final degree. This program has been adapted to satisfy the requirements of the profession. Once the internship is completed, one becomes eligible to enter residency.
S.V.S Medical College, Mahboobnagar Degree Programs :
- DIPLOMA IN GYAENCOLOGY OBSTETRICS
- DIPLOMA IN OTHOLERINGOLOGY
- DIPLOMA IN CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
- DIPLOMA IN RADIODIAGNOSIS
- DIPLOMA IN OPHTTHALMOLOGY
- Bachelor in Dental Surgery
- Masters in Dental Surgery
- b. B.Sc - Nursing (Post Basic)
: YENUGONDA, MAHABUB NAGAR, ANDHRA PRADESH.