The St. Paul's Century Healthcare University was set up by the Secretary of state for Wellness. The University was started out in 2007, the new millennium of the Ethiopian schedule, which is 7 years behind the Gregorian schedule. The main motive to establish this school is to graduate students those who are interested to serve for the people of Ethiopia. It is also to manage the severe shortage of medical doctors in the country. With various encouraging efforts the university performs the practical new curriculum (INTEGRATED CURRICULUM) provides much needed medical professionals to the people of Ethiopia.
The improved integrated curriculum has been presented to generate intensive training so that the physicians are qualified to work individually in the non-urban places, working with the common emergency situations in Ethiopia. The university also provides distance learning opportunities to produce specialists in the five years which the doctors are required to spend in the rural areas.
1. Promoting interrelationship among the whole learners.
2. Improving the student's attention towards their nation and the socioeconomic, social and traditional background.
3. Allowing the students with the state of the art technology, latest medical results in the health and other related arena.
4. Interacting new arriving students to the campus
5. The students discuss on difficulties most regularly while they stay in the university as for typical knowing.
7. Encouraging students to develop their art abilities and deal with their interests, with interesting academic humor.
8. Becoming hand to hand in our endeavor to make our school the center of excellence.
St Paul's General and Specialized Hospital were constructed in 1969 to serve the poor. It currently has 392 beds, with a typical of 200,000 sufferers and inhabitants of more than 5 million. There is 1600 clinical and non-clinical team in over 13 departments.
The students were chosen by written examination and interview with their past academic background and their purpose to work in the homeland. The students are very passionate and came from all the regions. As opposed to other medical educational institutions in the nation, our university provides unique interest to women applicants and the amount of women learners has now achieved a little over substancial.
The university has already designed powerful linkage with regional and worldwide organizations. The people of Ethiopia also have proven eager attention in assisting the enhancement of the university.
Jay D Luft, MD
I toured St Paul hospital with Dr Lia Tadesse last year, and will be back to Ethiopia soon. Please forward my email to her. I am an ENT surgeon from Wilmington Delaware. I am interested in teaching. I have a personal connection I would like to discuss. Thanks, sincerely, Jay D. Luft,MD
when is the entrance exam of millenium medical college of 2013
St Paul's Hospital, Addis Ababa
Documenting The World Family's Medical Care Program in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Subscribe to the subject St. Paul,s Hospital Millennium Medical College